Thursday, September 17, 2009

"The Night of the Comet"


The Vampire Diaries

Starring: Nina Dobrev, Paul Wesley, Ian Somerhalder

Network: The CW

Thursdays at 8pm

Tonight was Episode 2 of the CW's new attempt at the vampire genre The Vampire Diaries, "The Night of the Comet."

This time there was a small improvement on the acting from the pilot episode. I actually believed the characters this time, minus any scene with Ian Somerhalder as Damon. He's trying too hard to be the bad guy and everyone else is too stupid to realize how extremely creepy Damon really is.

There was no less cheese than there was in the pilot. There was still mist, crows, and bad lines. But that's the epitome of CW television shows, so should we expect any less?

That being said I find myself oddly addicted to this less than spectacular series. I'll be tuning in next time.

Grade: B+

2 comments:

  1. I just tried commenting, but I'm not sure if it worked. If I double-posted, whatever.

    After reading your review and sheer curiosity, I decided to watch the show. For what channel it's on and who the show is aimed towards, I thought it did pretty well. A lot of CW shows kinda don't push the limits for what they can show, but I thought the Vampire Diaries did. So, I liked it. Since it isn't anywhere near True Blood, I can't say I loved it. But, the main actress said something like, her favorite show was True Blood and they did all they could to get it as far as they could with the limits the CW put. My teenage side liked it and at least it wasn't awkward, like some other vampire media....

    ReplyDelete
  2. No double posts, you're good. :) And I agree, the show does push the limits for the CW so its able to reach a little higher than the teenage crowd, which is the typical age range for CW shows.

    ReplyDelete