Sunday, June 6, 2010

MTV Movie Awards Winners

Here is the complete winner's list for tonight's MTV Movie Awards.

BEST MOVIE
The Twilight Saga: New Moon

BEST FEMALE PERFORMANCE
Kristen Stewart, The Twilight Saga: New Moon

BEST MALE PERFORMANCE
Robert Pattinson, The Twilight Saga: New Moon

BEST BREAKOUT STAR
Anna Kendrick, Up in the Air

BEST COMEDIC PERFORMANCE
Zach Galifianakis, The Hangover

BEST VILLIAN
Tom Felton, Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

BEST FIGHT
Beyonce Knowles vs. Ali Larter, Obsessed

BEST KISS
Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson, The Twilight Saga: New Moon

BEST WTF MOMENT
Ken Jeong, The Hangover - Naked Trunk Surprise

GLOBAL SUPERSTAR
Robert Pattinson

BEST SCARED-AS-SH**T-PERFORMANCE
Amanda Seyfried, Jennifer's Body

BIGGEST BADASS STAR
Rain

MTV GENERATION AWARD
Sandra Bullock

Unsurprisingly, Twilight Saga: New Moon swept the night, winning in every category it was nominated. As much as I love the Harry Potter series, I was disappointed that Tom Felton won over Christoph Waltz. Tom Felton (AKA Draco Malfoy) would have been my second choice from these nominations. I would have preferred Emma Watson over Kristen Stewart for Best Female Performance, since Kristen doesn't really perform all that well. The "Best Fight" award was not broadcast, and inexplicably Beyonce vs. Ali Larter won (people actually saw Obsessed?). Tonight's broadcast had some funny moments (host Aziz Ansari did a fairly decent job), but it also had many moments that had me scratching my head (Russell Brand and Jonah Hill fighting over Team Jacob or Team Edward). I was more excited about the Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows preview than I was about most of the awards, really, but the preview was short and left me wanting more. Then again, that's what it's meant to do. My favorite part of the night was Sandra Bullock accepting her Generation Award, because she continued being her fun, lively, amazing self.

What are your thoughts on tonights awards show and the winners?

2 comments:

  1. Wasn't that Jonah Hill not Seth Rogan? And Harry Potter made me cry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops! Yes it was. I proofread and still missed that I mixed the two up! And yes, that Harry Potter preview was monumental. I don't even know what I'm going to do when that series is completely over.

    ReplyDelete